some general informaiton on wind turbines, page-10

1. 20,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    Watch it with the flaming, Lighthouse. The next one gets a TOU from me.

You and I have a fundamental disagreement. Your "open market" is not a free market. Bring on a suitably set carbon price signal and then we may start to approach a free market. Anything else is just business as usual - massive hidden subsidies to the fossil fuel industry giving them a free ride until all tax-payers will have to dig deep to reverse the pollution, which may even prove technically impossible, particularly if climate instability sets in and/or we hit a tipping point. Number crunchers like yourself are playing Russian Roulette with the environment and yes I have a hair trigger because of it. I read this pseudo-economic rationalism on HC all the time and I am over it. No one ever factors in the true costs because they do not have the vision to see them.

Yes it all requires a carbon price. I agree with that. Wind turbines and geothermal and solar energy and ocean energy will all be totally uneconomic without a carbon price. Please tell us something we don't already know. The fact of the matter is, from what I have read, you probably don't even believe in a carbon price because you probably think it is a subsidy. The hypocrisy is you free-marketeers always believe in "user pays" scenarios, but, strangely enough, not when it comes to pollution. You also take a risk-based approach to investment, but not when it comes to climate and sustainability. It is all total and utter hypocrisy in my opinion. Off to the room or mirrors for you my friend.

My only aim is to ensure posts full of hypocrisy and misleading economics do not go unanswered here. I'm not trying to be polite or friendly or even empathetic - but you have probably figured that out by now.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.