As I've posted before, I live in South Carolina and occasionally visit the Haile gold mine operation up in Lancaster County outside of Kershaw. I've also mentioned that I know the history of gold mining in South Carolina (and North Carolina and Georgia.)

Before the 1849 gold rush in California, most U.S. gold was mined here in the Slate Belt running from North Carolina through my state and into Georgia. After 1849, gold mining slowed here-- but the gold was/is still here. 

A while back I posted that Oceanagold already owned/controlled almost 4 times the amount of land that is being dug in the Haile mine. And there's gold in all of it. And Oceanagold was still buying more land around Kershaw, but not as cheaply, since the secret is out.

There's gold in the entire Slate Belt, but there are also cities and homes and roads and industries and schools and man-created lakes and shopping centers.... making gold mining impossible, of course.

That is the beauty of the area around Kershaw and the Haile mine-- there's literally nothing there except scrub farmland and pine trees. Look at a map of South Carolina and find Kershaw. To the right is tiny Jefferson, home to the closed Brewer gold mine. Look to the left and there's Ridgeway, site of another closed gold mine. The whole area is full of gold.

As I recently posted, at Haile, the operation is basically the conversion of diesel fuel into gold-- large earthmoving equipment carrying the gold-laden soil to be processed. And oil is now down to around $45/barrel from about $73/barrel a short time ago-- a 40% decrease in the cost of the most important factor in gold production at Haile. And gold has risen recently to $1,280/ oz. It's a wonderful pair of statistics !

Finally, something that I've been waiting for and knew was going to happen-- Oceanagold is expanding the Haile mine. It's a great time to be an Oceanagold shareholder. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

https://www.southcarolinaradionetwork.com/2018/12/28/kershaw-mine-seeks-to-expand-again-after-discovery-more-gold/