NXS 5.77% 24.5¢ next science limited

Hi Darksky … Here is a reminder of NXS specific targets in...

1. 18,085 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3753
    Hi Darksky …

Here is a reminder of NXS specific targets in regards orthopaedic surgeries from the investor briefing transcript on 23/02/21 [read it all here].
    As I read it official goals by December (NXS EOFY) are to have 1,200 surgeons on board from 200 hospitals?
    (potentially carrying out your average of 32 surgeries a month?)

This excerpt follows on from Cannacord analyst, Martyn Jacobs, asking how many bags/units of Xperience were on hand as of February .

cheers

EXCERPT FROM INVESTOR BRIEFING TRANSCRIPT 23/02/21 [ref]

…..Martyn Jacobs, Canaccord Genuity Corp., Research Division - Senior Analyst [8]
    Okay. So it's 33,000 units to start off with, right?

And so you previously talked about 200 hospitals as a target to sign up by December, if all things go well from here.
    How many orthopedic surgeons does that translate to?

Judith Mitchell, Next Science Limited - MD, CEO & Director [9]
    Depends on your hospital. I mean, some have 15 to 30.

Martyn Jacobs, Canaccord Genuity Corp., Research Division - Senior Analyst [10]
    The ones you're targeting?

Judith Mitchell, Next Science Limited - MD, CEO & Director [11]
    Probably an average of 6 a hospital.
    So about 1,200 people. So we've probably met 1/6 of that by now.

Martyn Jacobs, Canaccord Genuity Corp., Research Division - Senior Analyst [12]
    Right. Okay.
    And just finally, from me, with BlastX rebuilding it into the home health and acute care markets, two questions.
    One, how are you going with finding a partner in Europe?
    And secondly, are there other models, other commercial models you have could consider for the distribution of BlastX beyond home health?

Judith Mitchell, Next Science Limited - MD, CEO & Director [13]
    There's three questions, but okay. So we're actually in discussions for several jurisdictions outside the U.S. that will be distributorship, but we're looking to learn from the things that didn't work for us with 3M to make sure we have partners who have a more complementary call regimen.
    As I alluded to in the body of the announcement, 3M made a strategic choice that truly limited who got access to BlastX.
    So we're doing that work right now, seeing that we have a CE Mark that gives us access to many markets not just Europe.

Then when we look in the United States, the first large segment will go after is actually in the acute care market.
    And the reason I say that is there are 2.5 million patients in there, and the hospitals are not reimbursed treat Stage III and IV pressure uses.
    So this is a burden on the hospital operating system that CMS refuses to pay for and their insurers refuse to pay for because they supposedly never have an event.
    So we can give people help to take those off the table.
    But the first thing we're actually going to do next month is actually lift and shift the existing business lines that have been through 3M.

So all of the VA customers ( we talk to them from our original business in 2018 ) all come back to us, all still doing business with us.
    So first line into the revenue shift is that revenue, obviously, moving from .... back from wholesale price that we were with 3M to retail revenue values.
    And then we build out from there. We ......you might remember that as part of COVID, we took several steps with different home health networks to assist them with their patient loans. And in fact, some of the case studies that will appear in our annual report come from home health.
    We've proven our value such that people see that this product makes such a difference that they can find a way for the cost fit even though it isn't reimbursed in their segment.
    And I missed -- what was the third question, Martyn, I think I missed it?

Martyn Jacobs, Canaccord Genuity Corp., Research Division - Senior Analyst [14]
    Are there other commercial models or sectors that you could have targeted or can target in the future?

Judith Mitchell, Next Science Limited - MD, CEO & Director [15]
    Yes, there are, but I think we're going to try this direct for a while, at least in the United States.
    Definitely outside the U.S., it will be partnership based.
    But in the U.S., it will be direct for now until we find those people who think and act like we do…

…..
    Last edited by sabine: 07/06/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.015(5.77%)
Mkt cap ! $71.46M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.0¢ 26.0¢ 24.5¢ $30.25K 119.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 75861 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
26.0¢ 43775 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NXS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.