SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

some interesting stuff mr. jones mentioned

1. 152 Posts.
    Nothing new but couldnt help but be peaked in interest about it. These are parts from the EGM last year:

At the EGM you commented that Sundance may consider a share restructure within six months. Can you elaborate on the reasons for this and the potential impact on existing shareholders?

George Jones:
    "I believe the number of shares on issue, now some 2.7 billion, is a serious drag on the Company. Sundance needs to move on from being a high volume stock for day-traders to a position in the market that recognises its future growth potential and gets us on the radar screen of larger institutional funds.
    I will therefore be recommending to the Board that Sundance give consideration to undertaking a share consolidation within the next six months. The structure and timing of this will be carefully considered to ensure that any consolidation is value-enhancing for current and future shareholders.
    For example, I believe such a consolidation would only make sense for our shareholders if it were linked to a significant corporate transaction such as bringing in a strategic partner or undertaking a large capital raising. As we progressively de-risk the Mbalam Project by ticking off some of the major project milestones over the next few months, I expect that the market will recognise and support this strategy.

http://www.sundanceresources.com.au/media/35507/asx%20announcement%20-%20inside%20briefing%20george%20jones%20on%20the%20mbalam%20iron%20ore%20project%20-%2017%20september%202010.pdf

The last parts could be what is planned in the coming weeks.
    Just a question on consolidation though? Can anybody explain to me how it works exactly? From what I understand it reduces the number of shares, raises the price but our individual original shareholding value does not change?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions, much appreciated.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.