CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

some light reading for a sunday arvo

1. =V=
    2,387 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48

Just a collection of thoughts and a link to some graphics thrown in for good measure.

I have been on a quest and it is a quest not dissimilar to the search for the Holy Grail but I believe it is the answer I've been looking for ... and no it has nothing to do with religion.

Some here, because they got into Cityview in its infancy may know all this but for all the latecomers then it may be that piece of the Cityview puzzle that's been missing. I know for me it has.

Firstly, let me take you back in time. Two years ago, in March 2006, Cityview was broke or just about and that's when Mark Smyth came out of retirement to take over the running of the company. Although he says he came out of retirement these people really never retire. On the side, he had a few board positions but basically they were non-execitive type roles that would still allow one to travel and play golf. However, there was one company that Mark had more than just a passing interest in, and that was a mining company in the US called Simba Mines.

Simba has on its board an interesting collection of individuals. Apart from Mark, there is Ian Egan, now charged with the job of running Fortitude Minerals Ltd., David Furlong, a geologist, who carried out the investigation at Catabola and Longonjo and also drew up the drilling program and the two other members are Luis Cupenala and Teofilo (Teddy) Lourence de Almeida. I will get back to the last two in a minute but first, let's run over the December 6 Boardroom Radio interview again. In the interview Mark is discussing the restructuring, where the copper, gold and diamond licences are placed under a single umbrella called Fortitude Minerals. During the interview Mark is giving a few reasons for the restructuring where he said "and the second reason is that Fortitude is actually owned by the Angolans ...or prominent Angolans .... and this is what they want and this enables us to get even closer to the key people who make the decision making, bearing in mind that we are trying to get Kwanza Basin oil permit and the key guys who can help us with that are actually with Fortitude"

Amazing stuff! ... but just who are the guys who own Fortitude? ... these prominent Angolans as they are called. Well, this has been on my mind for a while, because once I figure out who the prominent Angolans are ... these Angolans, who appear to have the keys to a few back doors in Angola and who also have lent the keys to Cityview to open a door or two up in Cameroon, then I can start to work out where Capatain Mark Smyth is flying off to. So now lets go back to the two other board members of Simba Mines, Luis Cupenala and Teddy Lourence de Almeida, lets me call them Luis & Teddy. Who are these guys and why are they are on the board of Simba Mines. Well I feel I have finally worked out the puzzle and here I give thanks and credit to 123enen who provided the names and links on Friday, specifiacally mentioning Luis and Teddy. The link took me to a South African company called Bongani Investments Holdings (BIH). Now why is BIH so interesting. Well anyone who has held Cityview shares for a while would have some knowledge of Marks other activities in other companies and would have looked into the activities of Simba Mines and noticed that via Simba Mines, Zebra Copper has managed to obtain a major interest in three licenses. The three are the Cachoeiros de Binga, Zenda and Benguela licenses (CZB licenses) and as we all know are in Angola. These licenses were obtained by Zebra Copper through a company called Rockbury Properties which was a subsidiary of Bongani International Group a wholly owned company of BIH. Oh, that BIH. Yes!

Now if we go to the

Bongani website and go to Downloads and under Downloads click on Company Profile then work your way through to page 7 you will see the makeup of the Bongani Board. 123enen also mentioned that Christopher Page was also a member of the board and if so he would be the non-executive member not mentioned. This sure makes interesting reading especially this part about Teddy ...He is also the current president of the South Africa-Angola Chamber of Commerce.. Now that sounds prominent to me. Luis is also mentioned as being a citizen of Angola, and that fits in very well with the government wanting their assets to go to locals. Notice as well they both have a significant shareholding in the company.

So now we know who had the CZB licenses but who had the Ucua and Longonjo licenses?

Well, we don't have to look too far. Back within Cityview, Luis and Teddy were busy as well, selling initially a 30% interest in two Angolan licence areas being Ucua and Longonjo for 20,000,000 shares in Cityview through a vehicle called Dale Holdings via a subsidiary called Glenvale Associates. Later Glenvale Associates was taken over by Petro African Energy and who do you think was on the board of Petro African Energy - surprise, surprise, Teddy de Almeida! I may add here that the day after Cityview obtained the US$100m funding facility Teddy resigned from Petro Arican Energy (PAE) as well PAE moved into the same office as Fortitude Minerals Services and Zebra Copper, sharing not only office space but also secretary and director. But that would be only an operational issue because back in December as I mentioned late in December, a major shareholder of Dale Holdings took their shareholding interest in PAE from 0% to 100% and I speculate that that person may well be Teddy.

Okay, so far I can now see that the various mineral licenses have been held by Luis and/or Teddy all along and that since Fortitude handover there is no further need to be on the board of PAE, except of course that PAE and Nexoil are partnered up with Cityview for the application for the Kwanza Basin oil permit(s). Now I can only speculate here but I believe that when those permits are granted there will be a new company booted up which will be the vehicle for the Kwanza Basin operation and that Teddy will end up on that. Oh, did I say a new company ... a cursory glance at the last announcement shows that Nexoil Holding Group is the new force with Cityview whereas previously it was Nexoil Corporation.

Over at the Bongani site one can see that Luis and Teddy have been in Angola for many, many years and during that period must have acquired the major ownership of the nine licenses. They also must have kept their ear to the ground, shall I say, so to speak, wink wink, and knew about the onshore Kwanza Basin oil and just where it would be. And lets not forget that this oil play was first mentioned way back in the July 11 2006 company announcement. At that time Simba was doing a deal for three licenses and Cityview was doing a deal for two others. The only additional one that has now been included is the diamond licence which I believe came through GBF Mining. It would be nice to know what GBF stands for. So we go back to June 2006 and it appears that all the balls started to roll from there. The Angolan mineral licenses and oil permits must have been an obvious known way back before then or I don't think Mark could have bothered to get out bed for it. There must be a very big carrot dangling in Africa. Same goes for Ian Egan who could easily land a nice sweet job in WA with the mining boom. There must be something very significant at play going on here for so many talented people to get involved and with Luis and Teddy in your team then we look like going for a very big ride. It would be nice to know what Luis and Teddy have actually told Mark but it must be very, very good.

The original poster who came up with the connection of Mark Smyth, Simba, Cityview and the licence areas I assume was trade4profit who seems to be the one being regularly credited with this early discovery and well done I say. To others who missed it and other latecomers I hope this helps.

Aside from the above, another interesting restructure took place recently with European Oil. On the 16th of January with two members resigning. Interesting because this occured just two days after the funding approval date. Oh what is this company really up to. Iguess we will all find out soon.

Now, in case there isn't enough here to read, I have uploaded some graphical work to help people follow the various paths to the Cityview fortune. Just select the one you want and click it. Yes, the site is now back up and running and new features will be added soon.

Enjoy the afternoon!
    Cheers.

The website is http://www.public-exhibition.zoomshare.com/.

.... please report any errors, thanks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.