SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

Some light relief in these troubling times

1. 10,688 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1932
    So the whole ASX/ISX stuff has been getting me thinking. On many of the forums i visit I hear a lot of "ASX is corrupt and bot trading, instos, sophs, pump and dumps, shorters etc etc". Its running riot. So why is this. Why are so many retail investors complaining. Is it because we make poor choices? Is it because we are not Savy enough? Or is it because the whole system is so rigged that it makes it almost impossible for the retail investor to get a fair go?

Who believes that if you asked the everyday mum and dad investor if there should be a royal commission into the ASX you'd get a 90% yes vote. Who also believes if you asked, sophs, instos, directors, shorters or brokers 90% of the answer would be don't be silly all is good with the system in place.

So if this is the case why is that. Why would there be such a big divide between the two different investor types? So who is ASIC or the ACCC really working for, the everyday mug punters or the others? There have been numerous calls for a royal commission into the ASX but it just falls on deaf ears. It seems quite clear that the majority are really the minority when it comes to the voice of the people.

ISX are the first company I know of that are taking it to the man. Good on them for that. I hope that this doesn't end up being the man on the grassy knoll and we never find out the whole story. GLTAH, good luck to JK and his band of merry men. I just watched A few MR. Robot episodes where the filthy rich get shafted, it felt good.
  2. 1,233 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    So the whole ASX/ISX stuff has been getting me thinking. On many of the forums i visit I hear a lot of "ASX is corrupt and bot trading, instos, sophs, pump and dumps, shorters etc etc". Its running riot. So why is this. Why are so many retail investors complaining. Is it because we make poor choices? Is it because we are not Savy enough? Or is it because the whole system is so rigged that it makes it almost impossible for the retail investor to get a fair go?

No surprise professionals are having better results than amateurs. Just like any skilled human endeavour.

Who believes that if you asked the everyday mum and dad investor if there should be a royal commission into the ASX you'd get a 90% yes vote. Who also believes if you asked, sophs, instos, directors, shorters or brokers 90% of the answer would be don't be silly all is good with the system in place.

Firstly I dont think the avg mum & dad investor has any qualm against the ASX. While there are legitimate complaints in small cap land against scummy directors, related party transaction and cheapo management options, we are still miles ahead the rest of the world.
    Secondly even if the numbers are as you claim, why should there be a RC initiated by the uninformed minority? 45% (2016) of the Aus market is owned by foreign investors and they have not made a peep.

So if this is the case why is that. Why would there be such a big divide between the two different investor types? So who is ASIC or the ACCC really working for, the everyday mug punters or the others? There have been numerous calls for a royal commission into the ASX but it just falls on deaf ears. It seems quite clear that the majority are really the minority when it comes to the voice of the people.

The vocal minority that doesnt understand the market keep calling for a RC. ASIC works very hard to protect the retail investor. Soph and Insto investors sign away most of their rights - thats why so many deals/products/offerings are insto only. aka it if blows up theres no room to complain.

I daresay the market is rigged in small retails favour. Smart small retail mind you.
    > No liquidity issues. Get in or out at a moments notice. Funds will take days or weeks to build up or scale out, suffer massive slippage.
    > Great corp action allocations. The scalebacks on good IPOs are legendary, as are the full fills on bad ones. Get 97% scaleback on TYR, No scaleback on TGH - adverse selection at its finest. For retail, there's usually a $2k-$5k min allocation which would satisfy most appetites.
    > Pay rock bottom fees. Insto pays the ASX $100/month for live prices. $30 for Chi-x. More for live news. Retail gets a bundle for $20. Plenty of services out there offer great research and aggregate broker calls for those that want to look
    > Don't HAVE to trade. Not an option for instos
    > If you think something is being manipulated (it isnt) you can just hit the sell button. Instos do not have this luxury.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.