LYC 1.32% $5.99 lynas rare earths limited

Hi All...I'm sure this won't necessarily be a popular post but...

1. 168 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 153
    Hi All...

I'm sure this won't necessarily be a popular post but its been bugging me as there are plenty of lessons for people to learn here.

I understand that people are a bit cranky generally about the management of Lynas of late - that I'm not arguing with.

What I don't understand is why people are so hung up about it and letting it dominate their trading / investing!!

If you get upset with a stock / management then why not sell all or part of your holding and find another stock to spend your time researching instead of instead of people spending hours researching on a proposed sale that you don't agree with?

There are always oportunities in the markets for those who are looking. If you have held this stock for a while you are probably already well up on your investment (maybe 4 - 5 times your orginal sum), however the problem once you have picked a winner is it may mean that you are now too emotionally involved with the stock as your portfolio is now probably too heavily weighted into Lynas (I'm generalising here I know) which can cloud your judgement.

Hence why so many people are so cranky in this forum because you might have too much riding on the one stock!

Can I make a general suggestion for Lynas holders (please feel free to ignore me)?

If you are highly emotional about the actions of the Lynas management at this point in time, please review your portfolio and decide whether you need to reduce your holdings to a level you are more confortable with.

Don't trade / invest emotionally. Sell down stocks like Lynas where you make some profits to rebalance and diversify your portfolio or you may find youself emotionally investing time and energy in a way that won't necessarily improve your returns.

Make up some trading rules and stick to them!!

Anyway, everyone makes their own decisions - but I thought I would share some of my thoughts.

Cheers

Hevet

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.99
Change
-0.080(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $5.612B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.06 $6.11 $5.99 $10.27M 1.704M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 21834 $5.99

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.00 59996 129
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.07pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.