Today on ABC news they commentated about mismatch in the labour...

1. 17,407 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    Today on ABC news they commentated about mismatch in the labour market.

By the way I am writing this on the assumption post limits in a day are ten which has appeared recently I believe. Enough about me.

The commentators said full timers did not want to work the overtime and part time/casual want to work more. They didn't mention the underemployed and unemployed that want to work more but are not shown in the official statistics.

But what is really interesting is they don't say why! What the commentators don't talk about is the truth.

The truth is the working relationship is not about employers and employees . It is about a power structure. Just like politics, govt, banks, China , the US banks it is all about the power structure. Productivity, and work life balance are lip service for fuzzy feelings but that has nothing to do with self interest of the stakeholders. For example the recruitment industry is an extension of the power structure IMO. There is no effective legal system regarding the working relationship particularly in regard to free markets with a lot of disputes resolved by arbitration. The essence of the relationship is never addressed. Labor , I believe, want this to maintain power through the unions. The last thing they want is the people, customers workers and business owners having rights or a conceptual framework regarding a relationship based on fairness.

Productivity, and work life balance and concepts to do with the people choice fully exploited in a free market. However, Aust , as an island, is geographically impaired has little room for free markets in grasp of the power brokers before they leave the land!!

If you want to improve your life you need to look for free markets. A tip from me before I leave the land!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.