Zero2: I have had a difficult few months, hence I watched a bit...

1. 18,080 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 161
    Zero2: I have had a difficult few months, hence I watched a bit more TV than usual, I also listen a lot to radio (mostly ABC classic, but that has also become boring, maybe financial constraints there), but have turned over a new leaf.
    re news: easier to find in-depth stuff on-line and I also have two other languages, so I can check news from various sources - this morning I watched French news (on SBS) for example. Something really interesting and colourful today: young Chinese women in brightly coloured folk costumes with tiny feather dusters, climbing around and dusting flowering trees - apparently artificial insemination for fruit trees brings better and larger crops. Now I have been wondering all day where on earth within China are there blossoming fruit trees this time of the year? So, obviously not current news. The French presenter is dishy and charming and talks directly to you as if he knew everyone of his audience.

My new routine, firstly early morning walk, then I check if there is anything worthwhile on TV (radio is just on, anyway) and only watch those things and stick to it and always have other jobs waiting to be done instead, or reading material.

My big gripe with all presenters: women's voices are mostly too shrill, young women tend to go into this gravelly 'pressed' register to sound important or nonchalant or whatever (?); the males are better. However, both men and women seem to have had dental stuff done with the result there are an unusual amount of 'lispers' around ......... at the moment there is a really 'cute' female voice doing an add for budget control - she should be hired - or that girl with the short bob (now cut) who does the Holden ad. There are some very good newsreaders and journalists though.

..... maybe I am just becoming too fussy. Mea culpa

re winning: do you realise the percentile chances of winning the lottery, or any really big prize are about the same as the chances are for having a fatal plane accident - we want one and not the other.

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.