Hi mate, of course people will game any system for money, I am...

1. 399 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71
    Hi mate, of course people will game any system for money, I am just trying to work out why people would "identify as aboriginal when they are not", as multiple sources say happens and is a major problem. There are financial, and im sure other reasons that people may fraudulently claim aboriginality.

My opinion that "identifying as an x/y/z" seems a very strange way to divide people, and pointless to boot. We all have the same DNA, im not big on dividing by "race" which has no scientific basis.

RE me, Does it matter where I am from? When I say there is racism faced as the only white man in a village in Mali, would "identifying" as African make a lick of difference?? No, I was borin in Ireland and moved to Aus as a child, so i dont see the point of identifying as African, just because I work there sometimes... Identifying as something doesnt really stop the racism tho anyway, you see it all the time, asian aussies getting racist vile spewed at them when there were born and raised in aus. Identifying as aussies doesnt help them when a drongo is on a verbal rampage.

Anyway back to the point, there is racism everywhere, and it is stupid. I dont think the voice will do anything to combat racism, as it is based on a racial divide between us and them. Anything that divides us up does not bring unity

Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.