DDT 0.00% 0.4¢ datadot technology limited

some perspective, please....

1. 2,975 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 620
    The last couple of days have been interesting to say the least for ddt.

Some of you traders may need to have a look beyond the announcements of the last few days to gain some perspective of the potential of this company.

As a long time holder, i purchase shares in ddt in 2005 for .20c. I bought in on the basis of being a believer in the technology and the fantastic possibilities of DataTrace/DNA, in particular.

Let me say I do not work for ddt or ever have, i don't know anyone who did or does, or been involved in the company in any significant way. I merely attended a security forum where the concept of ddt was put forward and have followed it closely ever since.

Since then the price has descended to the very low levels of earlier this year at which time a very opportunistic raising was performed at a ridiculously low price with the intent of gaining control of the company, not raising cash. The Takeovers Panel did the right thing in ordering the shares to be redistributed.

I have continued to buy throughout, particularly over the last 6 months, and now have a reasonable holding valued at around 2.9c

I believe the announcements of the last few days are related to the raising and the board/management issues that have plagued this company over the last few years. There is also a lot of anger towards the board and management regarding -

* the performance of the company & it's share price
    * the cap raising earlier this year
    * the involvement of the chairman and directors in the above.

The upcoming AGM on 16 October will be VERY INTERESTING.

Through all of this turmoil, the one thing that has held my interest in this stock is it's fantastic potential for track and trace and security. Think not only of seeds, but concrete, explosives, in fact any bulk item that requires some level of security for tracing and authenticity.

As a hypothetical example, what if the UN agreed to implement a track and trace process on world shipments of Uranium? DDT's technology could be easily applied in this instance. There are so many potential applications for this technology that a focussed and well managed company that researched and promoted it's product properly would have a share price at least 10 times ddt's.

Hence you can see why control of this little minnow is so eagerly sought.

DYOR.

Cheers,
    Mac

PS I don’t trade this one, I'm in for the longer haul.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DDT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.843M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 14972425 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 3247047 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DDT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.