SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

some perspective, page-5

1. 8,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    No probs guys. The reality of the market is stocks go up and down.

Traders will jump in and out of a stock and its not about the fundamentals of the company - as per that really great story about the interview with the technical and fundamental investor quoted by sticks89, for traders its basically about whether the price is going up or down atm.

As LT holders though, when it does go down you do need to re-check your fundamentals to make sure you've got it right, but any additional perspective you can get to perform a reality check can help.

To add to my chart, I'll make a further point about the SSN volumes traded:

Over the last 4 red candle days (i.e. last Wednesday to yesterday), SSN's SP went from 0.063 to 0.054. 27M shares were traded during those 4 days, which represents just 1.4% of SSN's total shares outstanding.

That means a small minority of 1.4% of holders have determined the worth of the company by voting with their feet, and in doing so have revalued it from a mcap of $125.7M @ 0.063, to $107.7M @ 0.054, a 14% drop in value.

Personally I'm with the other 98.6% of holders, who include TB and his team, that believe SSN is worth more than that by not voting with their feet!

By focusing too much on the half empty glass, we sometimes lose sight of the fact that its half full.

Remember that the worth of an asset is determined by market forces. But dont forget that it is determined today by what the market is willing to pay for it today, but also by what the market willing to sell it for today. The 1.4% of holders have determined the price over the last few days, but they DONT represent what the other 98.6% are willing to sell it for today (otherwise we'd all be selling today), because the other 98.6% think it is worth more than today's price.

Enough quasi-zen thinking, back to my charts for me :-)

Sharks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.