NBS 0.00% 9.9¢ nationwide building society.

Hi Brixham,"I didn't notice any large volume transactions ?"Are...

1. 9,543 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Hi Brixham,

"I didn't notice any large volume transactions ?"

Are you pulling my leg? Between 10:54 am and 11:06 am some 4 million shares were traded which took the share price from 43.5c to 33.5c and back up to 39c. I am stating this by looking at the Google finance chart (http://www.google.com/finance?q=ASX:nbs). In the space of 10 minutes we had more shares change hands than the daily turnover since 21 Sept. Also institutions don't necessarily chuck all their shares in one go. Some would chuck 2-300k at a go rather than put the whole lot in to avoid scaring buyers. Some employ bots to do controlled selloffs.

I don't know for a fact that there were institutions selling but yesterday we set a new record for the highest trading volume. Highly unlikely there were "mums-and-dads" (no disrespect intended here, I belong to that category of investors too) selling NBS across the country. That would hardly have caused a ripple. When the elephant in the room moves you will know.

If there were institutions selling, there were institutions buying too. So by saying institutions were selling, I am not trashing the stock as there were an equivalent number of buyers. What do they say, it takes two to tango?

We will wait for substantial shareholder change notices to come in. Would be interesting to see which instos are bailing and more importantly which instos are buying in.

Cheers Brixham and have a good weekend all NBS'ers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NBS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.