VLA 0.00% $1.75 viralytics limited

some press coverage at least. , page-3

1. 332 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    "Impossible to understand how a company can have a trial in cancer treatment can have results like this and share Price rise moderately for a few days before settling down"

I think it is because there have been a lot of other companies working on melanoma treatment and it might be seen that VLA is being beaten to the punch. The anti PD-1 drugs seem to be the big hope with incredible response rates but side-effects that are very acceptable against the current alternative (death).

http://news.cancerconnect.com/anti-pd-1-drugs-promising-for-advanced-melanoma/

If you were to concede that the anti PD-1 drugs will be the first line of defence for advanced melanoma then CAVATAK would at best be the fallback when they fail. In this case VLA would still have a market but it wouldn't be as large.

I think it is more nuanced than that. The lack of side-effects of CAVATAK would make it an attractive first line, but that might depend on pricing and how quickly & effectively failure can be identified.

Types of metastatic tumours will probably be another driver for which drug to try first. And the potential to be used concurrently with Yervoy or the anti PD-1 drugs. I'd be VERY interested to know exactly what each of the 2.9 failed therapies were for the patients with a CALM response.

I'm hoping that CAVATAK can find a very significant role in treating melanoma and its metastases.

And the market seems to be placing no value on the other types of cancer that CAVATAK is likely to have some impact on.

CAVATAK has to look like a very promising platform for a big pharma that wants to compete.

Good luck all!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.