TMT 0.00% 26.0¢ technology metals australia limited

Some questions about Vanadium

1. 390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 496
    Hi Everyone!

I like TMT future potential, but i would like to get a deeper level of
    understanding regarding Vanadium future.
    I hope some smart folks help for me to clear my sight. So here it goes.

I like the Vanadium battery properties,its trully amazing! however the whole supply demand picture, with the hystorical Vanadium prices,with some proposed junior PFS-s, and the cost of making a vanadium battery i have a hard time to get on a trully positive conclusion, add all this together i still havent figured out how this type of battery trully can become a thing. When the best new Vanadium projects(like TMT) have a 4+ USD/lb cash costs, and almost all the projects longterm financial prospects diminish greately in many cases to a no go when we get below 8USD/lb .
    And when we look at the historical Vanadium chart we see that most of the time in the past 10 year(until the very recent years) vanadium was bellow 8USD/lb. Than some of the juniors like TMT would add 13 000 tons of annual supply which would bring the whole market into an over supply for some time? Which can be worked off of course, but one mine can turn a deficit into a good surplus for years as i see now, until another mine come online and do the same thing for another few year not even talk about more than one mine comes online at a time(i think if one new mine will come online it will be surelly TMT)...
    Additionally when vanadium price is as high as now(~13-15?) or higher its not really make vanadium battery competetive to make because of its high price?! But when its at 4-5 dollar additional mine production wouldnt come online. The steel rebar is a good demand add but its largely a one time jump in demand(several tons of additional demand,or perhaps more but i been read that wrong?) not like an ever exploding demand increase what the Vanadium battery might could have, but than when the V battery really becoming a thing the Vanadium price have to be constantly high enough to incentives additional supply to come online?,

Vanadium is not like a lithium cell where if the cobalt price double your battery production cost goes up very little, neither we trully face this problem with nickel,but in Vanadium battery(put simple) you have the storage tank, vanadium fluid with tubes and measuring sensors?! Where virtually the Vanadium battery cost can go up 70-80%?! at each double up in vanadium price?(please help me i dont have exact numbers just a rough guess)
    If someone could have a presice estimate how much would go up the vanadium battery cost /KWH if vanadium doubles or halve from lets say 15USD/lb i would highly appreciate to put me on accurate foots.
    What is the battery cost breakdown roughly Between Vanadium and the rest of the battery storage?

What do you think Vanadium price should be,predictably sustainably to make it trully competeive with Ever decreasing lithium ion b. production cost?Also when we think that used car batteries will enter the very same market in a big way probably not today but by 2025, millions of car batteries can come to this very stationary storage market for dirt cheap, to have another 5-6-7 year service.

Also i was hoping i could get a help here, for 1 GWH how much ~Vanadium is needed? There is any chance to lower the vanadium content in the future in the battery to make it competetive

I also like the idea that the Vanadium might would be leased during the life expectancy of the battery, but who would lock down a lease contract on Vanadium assets when the price of Vanadium is historicaly very high, and this contract should be signed for 20-30 year, where no one can even guess what the vanadium market will look like by 2040-2050. So what do you guys think what is that Vanadium price what does not prohibit the competetiveness of the Vanadium battery?!And how that Vanadium price should decrease as we go forward every year,Because the new built Lithium ion competition get every year cheaper, and the used ones will come in with ever bigger numbers on the market.

Also might i could get a help for 1 GWH how much Vanadium is needed? There is any chance to lower the vanadium conetent in the future in the battery

I would love to get help on this questions more clue,before i initiate a position into TMT(i think as well its a bargain,but i like to have more clear vision of the possibilities 5-10-15 year into the future as i becoming a holder)

Bests,Oliver

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TMT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.