by way of interest....As bendigo mentioned Ian Sykes....and it...

1. 8,655 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 440
    by way of interest....

As bendigo mentioned Ian Sykes....and it is well past history now, I should mention that I was very young at the time, and was very good friends with some of his friends and business associates.

We would often go diving together and after reading bendigo's post, I went and had a look at the newspaper articles that bendigo referenced...and then all my forgotton memories came flooding back...

I remember all the talk at the time on Exploration companies and of Ian talking about the Posieden share price explosion and of the talk of finding gold.I remember the discussions of building some new gold exploring/drilling equipment as the folk I knew were assisting and from memory I recall that they had already applied for some gold mining leases in NSW.

As I said, I was very young at the time, and my interest was in scuba diving and a lot of share market/gold exploration talk went over my head.

But one thing now worries me,and at the time,I would not have known it,but sometime in the 80's I lost contact with these folk as they seemed to drop off the face of the earth.Knowing that they were very much involved with Ian,I now wonder if they had also 'invested' in his idea of shorting the market and like the story about Ian Syke's,they also lost a lot as well?

Dunno?.....but that would explain why they suddenly dissappeared.

Anyway,last I knew they headed bush,and I am always keen to catch up,but so far the internet has not helped me...

So that is why I'm wondering why bendigo just happens to mention Ian Sykes,because,as he said,not many today would now know the name.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.