MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

some regular expert posters missing on meo??, page-11

1. 4,136 Posts.
    What more is there to say? We have been told there are no hydrocarbons. Nothing more. There is hardly any info to discuss. Am I gutted? Sure. MEO ended up being my biggest holding.

We have no idea if they drilled ahead with 11.0 ppg mud. If so, may explain why no hydrocarbons detected. That is the only thing to hope for at the moment. Logs will confirm if there is something that warrants another drill.

However analyis of the cuttings would have given an indication of gas content. After the mud is washed off the cuttings and they have been described and logged, a portion is heated in an autoclave and is dried. The autoclave in some cases is linked to a gas chromatograph which analyses the liberated gas (if any) from the cuttings. This gas is then collected and sealed in vacuum tubes and shipped off for further analysis.

If there has been no HC from the cuttings then I would struggle to see any positives.

Maybe they drilled in the wrong place. Interesting that PBR chose the drill location. While I doubt they would deliberately choose a location that would return no gas, if you can avoid having to carry someone elses cost, why wouldn't you? This is the O&G industry which is not exactly the most transparent.

I think there will be another well if the logs are not a complete write off. MEO to pay for proportional share of costs. Have held on and will hold until more comprehensive details from MEO emerge later in the week as reported in another thread.

:(

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.