MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

Hi StockbrokerBarbieI've been watching your posts with interest...

1. iam
    1,149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Hi StockbrokerBarbie

I've been watching your posts with interest and respect your views especially when treating other posters with empathy. There was another TA poster with a similar posting style to you called OrgoneAccumulator who also earned my respect. It was a pity we lost him/her.

But, as you say, who am I from Adam to make such judgments. I certainly do not put a label on myself and, even though I am an individual, still recognise myself as being part of the collective forum.

I am putting a post together ATM and, as everyone knows, will finish it in my own time.

I suppose a perceived lack in my posting style is that I rarely join in general discussions, but that's me. Perhaps I should ask myself again why I bother to participate in a discussion forum.

But I would like to make one thing clear. Please do not paint MEO posters with the same brush as 'these people'. We are mainly fellow investors/traders just trying to help each other understand the complexities of the market and the companies that make up that market.

It appears arrogant to me to use the A#1 event to suddenly say that the more regular MEO forum contributors have alternative motives.

What I object to is people generalising about what they think of other posters and their motives. If we are individually not able to sift through the anonymous posts and realise who is genuine or not then we shouldn't be participating in HC. Similarly if we rely on HC to influence our trading decisions then we shouldn't be trading.

I agree, HC should not influence our decisions one way or another.

If anybody has an issue with peoples posting style and content then take that issue and air it with them directly.

At the moment I am still holding after taking the >50% paper loss like everyone else, which is quite substantial. But that is only relevant to me and I don't blame the Company, HC, Artemis or whatever. I hold myself accountable for my own decisions just like everyone else should, no matter how much it hurts. I have said this many times before.

I am just looking to the future. What's past is history, even yesterday. The future still looks bright for MEO, IMO, but that is not certain. All I know is that I am still comfortable with my decision. Other people have the right to make their own choices.

But the HC community should be just that; a collection of ideas not a personal ego trip to prove how much better we are than anyone else.

Apart from the unavoidable bad luck, I have found the MEO business plan very sound and will continue to invest in the company until something happens to alter that outlook. This resolve is part of my make-up and has been forged through life's experiences. Perhaps this is a fault but it is a basis on the way I invest. Long term to me means long term. A decision is a decision. I look at long term fundamentals. Blame is not a part of my vocabulary.

I don't let my emotions rule me; rather I sit on the outside and look at where my emotions are taking me. At the moment my emotions could be telling me to sell when, if I look a bit more closely, I should be buying. I think MEO is still a LT buy, especially at these prices. But even if I did have enough disposable cash then this could still be the wrong move. But that is my decision to make.

And when we look at it, this storm is over one wildcat duster. We have only one announcement telling us the fact that there were no HCs. This announcement had to be made to prevent alternative news sources getting out of the SV. The next scheduled report is due out tomorrow, perhaps later. Maybe this will have more information if the log results are available. But a duster is a duster and we must come to terms with that and move on.

We don't know the future of WA-360-P but it has made us US$60m plus US$7.5m costs. Admittedly these costs were re-invested in the acquisition of 5% 360P and 15% 361P so I don't think the two permits will be finished with yet.

But MEO is not just Artemis. I think it is just the bad luck and disappoijntment that has chased retail investors away.

Sometimes I wonder if I should bother with my posts, it makes no difference to me. It is definitely not my intention to offer my limited FA to unduly influence people.

All I try to do is to present some sort of rational with regards to MEO. Whether my observations are correct or not is for each and every individual to decide.

And the MEOmite community is very supportive to each other and to be part of that is priceless. A lot of information has come out of the melting pot over the last year or so and we have all benefited. It is not an exclusive club.

This includes MEO management's support of the SHs as far as I can see, no matter what other people's views. Their risk in the well was no different to ours (68% chance of failure) and they didn't hide this fact. I must admit, they were confident but only within the possible parameters of the wildcat well.

Like I said in my earlier post, I do feel sorry for all MEOmites who have lost money on the Artemis deal. But we all took that risk and the fact that the CEO de-risked my investment by the CR to minimise any losses, as was outlined in an earlier post, made my decision to hold easier. Artemis#1 is not the be all and end all of the Company in my view.

Now I've got to decide whether to finish my other post.

#:>))

PS: My apologies MEOmites for a lengthy post which has turned out to be a little self indulgent. I did want to say something as fellow posters, management etc are all easy targets to blame when a disappointing results areannounced.

SBB - if your post was not directed at me, , then that's fine but as a regular MEOmite poster I feel I fit in the general 'these people' category.

And there are a lot of my genuine, equally anonymous, MEOmite friends out there who fit in the same category.

I don't take any offence but only offer my point of view.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.