MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

some regular expert posters missing on meo??, page-62

1. 1,675 Posts.
    There may be gas/water/oil found in small quanity OB. A kick is "an entry of water, gas, oil, or other formation fluid into the wellbore during drilling. it occurs because the pressure exerted by the column of drilling fluid is not great enough to overcome the pressure exerted by the fluids in the formation drilled."

Not uncommon in drilling. The mud has to be adjusted often during the drilling process. Different zones can cause different drilling problems and the driller has a very tough job keeping track of what is going on.

The process of running log before closing the well gives an abundance of information.

"The recording of information about subsurface geologic formations, including records kept by the driller and records of mud and cutting analyses, core analysis, drill stem tests, and electric, acoustic, and radioactivity procedures. see acoustic log, core analysis, drillers log, drill stem test, electric well log, mud analysis, and radioactivity well logging."

There is many types of logs in drilling. Won't try to go thru them all. Here are a few tht may have occurred.

Mud logs gives a lot of information in the drillling process. This helps to find info on gas kicks. The well cuttings are obtained at designated footage intervals during drilling. from an examination of these cuttings, the geologist determines the type of rock and formations being drilled and estimates oil and gas content. Small quantities of well fluids are obtained for analysis.

"The recording of information derived from examination and analysis of formation cuttings made by the bit and of mud circulated out of the hole. A portion of the mud is diverted through a gas-detecting to determine why cuttings brought up by the mud are examined under ultraviolet light to detect the presence of oil or gas. mud logging is often carried out in a portable laboratory set up at the well."

Just my opnion.

I am trying to determine why PBR drill location was different from MEO. This could be the result of trying to futher analize the upper and lower zones for gas.

I am still holding and do not plan to take a loss as of now. There is too much unknown information to dig out'

Bob

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.