CGH 0.00% 11.5¢ calibre group limited

daclawwrong - the Forge saga is clearly a project mismanagement...

1. 61 Posts.
    daclaw
    wrong - the Forge saga is clearly a project mismanagement issue as distinguished from a market activity level issue such that which has hit Ausdrill. So it shouldn't drag the sector down. CGH were trading at a p/e of around 3.5x consensus earnings. That sounds very cheap, in a sector where so many are way over priced. Obviously the Chairman's expression of confidence in maintaining revenue at a similar level to FY2013 has turned the company's fortunes in a year where most in the sector are probably going to face significant negative movement. As well there was the recommitment to their dividend policy, a big plus in this environment. They seem to be a sound cash generator. I think CGH is starting to distinguish itself from other so called "peers" because of its massively increased diversified business model - combining EPCM, Construction, Consulting, Maintenance, EPC; and blue chip client base.
    In my opinion, it has always been a matter of time before the market recongises this - don't forget CGH was one of the hardest hit following its big April downgrade (reasons included, disappointing on prospectus forecasts, major sell-off by many of the original IPO investors, who entered on expectations of much larger growth; the "new kid on the block" effect, without a listed company earnigns track record and limited liquidity). Not to forget the uncertainity of not yet having appointed a Group MD to replace Baxter. That will surely be another big confidence booster, so good to see Horsburgh indicate that is not far off.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.