some serious stuff re saving the 2 nd test, page-23

1. 4,223 Posts.
    every sporting team goes through this - they have to rebuild. for that to occur, they have to lose. the only person that i am aware of who has handled this in the world of sport is alex ferguson - when man u rebuild they drop from first to 4th - amazing.

australia must rebuild, starting with the captain - offer him a batting spot - i agree with #5 but he should lose the captaincy

i would not give it to clarke - too mentally lightweight - getting out for 80 proves it- and physically fragile

cameron white should be captain - he is by far the best candidate and he can bat 6 with ease

numbers 1-3 need to be groomed - hussey is good at 4 and watson can stay as opener so that leaves two spots. i would NOT get sucked in by the NSW propaganda machine - there are plenty of candidates and experimentation should be the order of the day

haddin is a lousy keeper but an excellent test bat so hye stays (gloves on for the moment)

there is no spinner - hauritz is not test standard so the selectors need toi look elsewhere

fast bowlers - go for it - there are somke decent yougsters - puick them

how old was lillee? thompson?

keep siddle - the rest should be new

this line up will lose the next few tests but the experience they gain will pay off long term

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.