TOX 0.00% $2.84 tox free solutions limited

some seriously bad bot trading going on, page-4

1. 285 Posts.
    Many thanks Nightstalker for your explanation. I have often wondered, but haven't understood the detail of these practices by the professionals.

Two points to add to your excellent note:

it seems to me that the brokers or similar have software which is privy to the orders being placed, not to affect a particular transaction, but is activated immediately another person places an order or when the order is executed: many times I have placed an order when I would expect to be the only player at that price, but immediately another joins.

I think it is absurd that these small trades, sometimes just a few shares at a value less than would be our brokerage, are reported by the ASX and the press as 'last trade'; surely there should be a minimum, say equivalent to brokerage*10; the present system is very misleading.

I would think that ASIC or APRA should intervene in these practices by the direct-access professionals; we certainly can't expect the ASX to intervene, even if they should do so; that's another reason for removing the ASX from its regulatory role.

peterA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TOX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.