it's been interesting for me to be in a few places with enough...

1. 81,007 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    it's been interesting for me to be in a few places with enough time (more than a holiday visit) to begin to get a sense of culture in different places

there's the way that society treats people in it's justice system - and then, there's the way that the culture of the society is - the home culture, the behaviour in the schools and out and about culture

all I know is that being safe in society - walking the streets, being safe from crime ------

is a complex set of factors which all line up to make a soup for each nation.

Like walking in the streets in Australian towns compared to walking in the streets in England or in France - or in Finland or Iceland etc

it's all very different - and the national cultures are very different and the justice system cultures are very different

It took me quite a while to adjust from Australia to France --

take this case in point -

Screenshot 2024-04-18 063329.png

strip away the white shirt and tie - and you get this

Screenshot 2024-04-18 063513.png

now - in Australia, very often - that's got a strong sniff of bonehead with violent potential

indeed - one can sense it with the white shirt and time - more than the other pic

but, in France - it's literally the opposite ----------- the one's with the bonehead looks are almost always nice blokes, respectful, helpful

the one's you have to watch are the one's you least would suspect

but, in the end - whoever they are - if they end up in the can -------- the can is not a good place in France - vastly different to many of the Nordics - where the people in the street culture is equally nice - but, the jails treat people like humans ------------ AND have low recidivism

to me - when I see low recidivism - the common threads are - nice society AND treat the crims like humans

drop out one factor - and the puzzle doesn't work. That said - Fr is different - it's got harsh jails, but a good home culture - and the personal safety in the streets is good for basic crime. I don't know so much about the two cities of Paris and Marseille - they are even more complex.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.