TOE 4.11% 38.0¢ toro energy limited

some thoughts on nuclear and world energy use

1. JFI
    6,837 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 304
    Most accept that coal is bad for the air, all the pollutants but still coal is mined and used. Nuclear is cleaner with regards to pollutants that cause lung damage, especially Asia. I love having a holiday in Asia but its ashame that the air is so dirty and its visibly so for as far as the eye can see these days !

Any form of energy isn't replaced 5 minutes later is something new is founds or developed. The world economy and strategic ways of things ensure that energies are slowly used and deployed over time.

Coal will continue on along with oil and gas and nuclear. Nuclear is CO2 free so will be used mostly this century I feel. I imagine coal will slowly fade out over next 50 years or so... maybe not even that short a time frame. Nuclear will keep on going as there has been much investment in plants which cost a packet to start. No firm or government will want to waste a plant that is able to produce energy cheaply. Nuclear is cheap once plant is in action per pound.

There is Thorium and I imagine this will come in to play as well as other newer forms of energy. As these are added to the mix perhaps coal will fade out but not nuclear this century.

I gather 9 billion people may be here in 50 years so that quite an increase on current, nearing on 30% extra. Count in further economic developments and the energy use will be larger than 30% I think.

The case is stronger and stronger. Many more forms of energy will be needed.

A simple way for me to look at this is the fact that oil rich Arab nations are building nuclear plants.... I think there is a clear message in that irony.

There is clear evidence that there will be a shortfall of U3O8 before 2020 based on supply and demand. At what point the penny drops for people out there I'm not sure but when it does the price of U3O8 will rocket on panic time and anyone invested in Uranium plants/material or technology will benefit big time. Buying now when the sector is down in the dumps is smart if you have the nerve.

Investing long term.

My thoughts and opinions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TOE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.