TPN 0.00% $2.25 3p learning limited.

You are right about it not being relevant who the games are for....

1. 117 Posts.
    You are right about it not being relevant who the games are for. I guess what I meant was that, it wouldn't appear that the challenges faced in developing and writing the code that underpins these programs is terribly complex. Perhaps there is a database and basic search and return functions that are hidden by a nice UI. The challenges in this sort of programming aren't difficult or do not require 'new' code or solutions to complicated problems. I am guessing they are similar to very common, very basic gaming platforms. If on the other hand, you know how much time and money goes into developing this sort of software, please elaborate.

In terms of how engaging they are, I could safely say that most users aren't playing because the games are engaging like Grand Theft Auto for instance. The reality is that these games compete against books and chalkboards and methods of learning that aren't exciting. Given the choice between doing questions with a pen and paper or on a computer game then yes, I'm sure they are 'engaging'.

In relation to the fact that any dope could do this, that brings up a whole other issue. In fact, the dopes are not the ones you need to worry about. There are plenty of people currently competing in this space. TPN list them all in the prospectus and they include Dreambox, Edmentum, Blackboard, Amplify as well as Kahn Academy amongst others. Whilst Kahn may not be a direct competitor, they offer a wider range of material which is delivered for free and have some serious backing. These include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Google and the Carlos Slim Foundation.

If there is actual potential in this market and long term value, this will attract competition. You already have some large, well known services, with better reach, offering free products. So if the programming that underpins this isn't complicated and evolving and offering some advantage over the competitors then in the long run TPN will be competing against some of the most powerful, well funded companies in the world.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.