TLG 3.33% 58.0¢ talga group ltd

Some thoughts on the recent announcements

1. 19 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    This is certainly getting interesting. There are a lot of pieces coming together and I believe you can make some inferences from these.

1. Expanding drilling in March. Why spend money and expedite a resource expansion quickly? The scoping study was extremely conservative and had 7000 tpa production of graphene for 20 years.  The only explanations that I can see here are (1) securing the full rights to the entire sector so there will be no competitors able to have access to this special ore that enables cheap graphene production and/or (2) demand interest may be very large.  Talga faces a chicken and an egg problem. Demand will surface and grow only when there is stable supply. The stable and large supply will only happen when there is a strong and reliable demand... Talga is bootstrapping this process with the trial mining and 1-200 tpa production of graphene. Proving that the supply can be delivered.

2. Graphene demonstration plant in Germany. There are some connections here worth noting. Talga has hired
    Dr Georg Hochwimmer to coordinate, plan, and build the demonstration plant. Dr Georg Hochwimmer is the CEO of JenaBatteries which develops redox-flow batteries (liquid). The chief scientist of JennaBatteries is Prof. Dr. Ulrich S. Schubert -- see JennaBatteries who is running Talga's conductive inks program (see Talga's announcement on Dec 17, 2014) . Talga is tapping into existing networks here which makes sense.

3. Reframing Talga from graphite to graphene. This makes sense. The value comes from graphene. It is unfortunate that there has been so much hype regarding graphene among the graphite junior miners, but Talga really is different. I am positive Mark would not have fully reframed the companies message unless he was solid that the demand is there. This goes back to thinking about how they are expediting drilling right now to expand the resource.  This reframing puts distance between Talga and other graphite potential producers. The economics of amorphous graphite become less and less relevant and Syrah Resources has no bearing on Talga's economic future.

4. Timeframes. Revenue within the next year. Remarkable. Say 150 tons of graphene at $75/kg. That yields $11.25M in revenue. Remember that the scoping study had $55/kg for large bulk purchases. You can see how the pilot demonstration plant with several bulk sampling permits could potentially generate enough revenue to enable financing to move the full project ahead.

This is getting interesting. Very exciting.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
58.0¢
Change
-0.020(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $220.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
59.0¢ 61.0¢ 57.5¢ $1.245M 2.074M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 70853 57.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
58.0¢ 27593 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.