CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

some thoughts, page-87

1. 54 Posts.
    Ozblue, cant argue with your response. At least you talk sense have done some homework. What I was trying to get across was that, nothing ever goes to time in this industry. BHP at Olympic Dam started an open cut and made promises to increase production from the open cut and then when the big boom came and the prices and costs went up they simply pulled the pin. Rio Tinto the same in Gineau?, MMG (Minmetals) at Dugal River. All had start dates, Minmetals project Dugal River located about 50 klms north of rocklands spent $800m developing a lead/zinc mine and because of reasons of spiralling costs in Australia pulled the pin.

From what I can see and having been in this industry for 10 years is that the management of Cudeco did not entertain paying the boom prices. At the same time the people that control the speed of a project is the EPC contractor in this case Sinosteel and their aussie contractor Walz group. Between Sinosteel and Cudeco they obviously made some calls that were in the best interest of the shareholders.

I believe that Cudeco has been more than frugal with their expenditure and I and others in the industry all agree on one thing, "that to build the same plant that has been built at Rocklands would cost more than $1.5b. Its a 2 to 2.5 year build in normal circumstances and when you consider they only started in August 2013 which is only 14 months ago that alone is a remarkable achievement.

Anyone in the industry that reads some of the posts from people that have no idea what they are talking about, feel sick in the stomach when they read some posts from people that are just plain negative on anything in life. That's the way i see it. As I said before: Negativity is Just Noise.

I just say it as I see it and I do my research before i blab. DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.