BGT 0.00% 4.6¢ bio-gene technology ltd

Great post RN Clarke - puts to rest some of the concerns about...

1. 331 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1431

Great post RN Clarke - puts to rest some of the concerns about BGT’s Intellectual Property and longevity of patents and how extensions and other methods of extension 'mode of action etc' can effectively extend BGT's intellectual property well beyond 2022
    BGT is one of my preferred share for 2020. I believe we should hopefully see at least one commercial deal signed in the 1st Quarter, with 6+ companies testing and 2 major products (insecticide and crop storage and many global geographies we could well see than several deals during full year 2020.

Both University of Purdue proven (a well established university in this area of expertise) should I believe be further validated through further partner company trials where they require it.

The 2 product areas –

1) Insecticides shown to be effective against Malaria, Dengue and Zika carrying mosquitos

2) Gain storage pests – again given that up to 70% of grains are spoilt due to crop pest damage.

- offer BGT a very significant global market through partnering with regional and global partners.

Upfront payments and annual license fees based on volumes offer BGT very substantial and recurring annual revenues.

In Europe and USA and elsewhere the ....
    - Toxicity to humans is a major issue (i.e Monsanto Bayer RoundUp weed killer, some people literally dying due to insecticide products on bedsheets)

- Declining effectiveness of existing of existing insecticides - up to now the lack of current effectiveness of current insecticides against particularly Zika and Denque has seen a significant global spread of these illnesses
    - Bee health the major plant pollinators - read about this if you have not already - its a very significant without bees to pollenate many cross cannot produce. Current insecticides have been shown to effectively kill bees in massive numbers as it effects their 'homing/navigation system.
    ---- are all becoming major factors for national and global regulators

Major global companies like Bayer do not waste their time on things that are not likely to be of significant commercial value, they would not be talking to BGT and testing BGT products without significant interest in a licensing deal.
    Any commercial deal will enable the company and corporate analysts to provide some projections for revenues and profitability going forward and I believe a significant rerating of the BGT stock price.

IMHO At this end of the market, higher risk start ups, you need to not invest more than you can comfortably afford to lose but you need patience as typically these stocks can lose 50% or so of their market value based on trading pullbacks.
    While stock charting for these type of stocks is useful, they are IMHO not much of a guide as changes in stock price tend to be driven more by company news both positive and negative.

As I previous stated for me BGT

- Looks like a good fast moving Management Team
    - Do not seem over rewarded
    - Many strings/ potential products to their bow - not just a one trick pony
    - Multiple 6+ potential license partners / or buy out companies.
    - Relatively Low market capitalization of A$30million for their current state of development and potential market size for their products.

- Good communication with shareholders and a really excellent website – all investors should read every tab.

To all BGT’ers a happy and hopefully prosperous New Year lets hope it’s a good one and we get a commercial deal announcement in the 1stQtr

GLTA Thai

PS : A4paper – some good questions as regards the effectiveness of BGT’s Q-cide and Fluvocide on ticks on Virbac cows – I am sure if you e mail the company they will let you know the status – I would guess it was either not effective for such ticks or perhaps the trial is still in progress, or its been re – prioritize. However I am not too concerned as I believe the market for mosquito eradication especially the type carrying Malaria, Dengue and Zika plus the elimination of pests in Gain storage far outweighs the ticks on Virbac cows .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BGT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $8.86M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 120050 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.3¢ 24538 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BGT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.