VRX 3.57% 2.7¢ vrx silica limited

Interesting discussions re PE's. Technology stocks can be...

1. 4,293 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1232
    Interesting discussions re PE's. Technology stocks can be anything like Wisetech at around 90, some others not even making a profit with huge sp's (amazon until recently). However mining stocks are very tangible. Even these can vary depending on outlook, market demand etc. I would think a PE of between 10 and 30 would be quite reasonable (looking at RIO and BHP) given the nature of the product and the world demand. Thing is, the bulk of V's profit will come from Muchea re glass making especially for solar panels. Given the world is going nuts about renewables (solar), I would think that V's profit margin would be high. In fact, compared to fossil fuel mining at the moment, I would think that silica sand mining would have everyone's approval - shouldn't be any objections from environmentalists because of the end product.
    Arrowsmith will still make a profit but not as large as Muchea. Bruce won't mine arrowsmith at a break even or loss. That would be a waste of valuable capital.

We really need the feaso studies and also a glass manufacturer committing to build on-site. That would be absolutely brilliant and would result in an uplift in SP I reckon.

apologies for the rambling.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VRX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
-0.001(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $16.96M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.8¢ 2.9¢ 2.7¢ $10.29K 370.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 393863 2.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 180274 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.46pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VRX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.