SBN 0.00% 0.0¢ sun biomedical limited

someone needs to talk to the company, page-17

1. 13,448 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2636
    "What we need to do is find a doctor that will induce comas for SBN holders that can't handle the day-to-day running of a company"

LOL Tricop. Along with Dirty Harry's clarifications yesterday (suggest read again), that's one of the the best SBN post for quite a while!

For those worried about the apparent lack of Oraline 8 'launch', let me put to you that, in my view, the company has made a small error in referring to the 'launch' at Medica over the past couple of months. It should more appropriately have been referred to as a 'showcasing' (as it was by the Chairman at last week's AGM and in the Medica press release (on website).

That's what has happened - a 'showcasing' of Oraline 8 to the small army of distributor clients and potential clients at the world's biggest medical devices trade show.

Why was it not 'launched'? To understand that, you just need to re-read the October 28 Investor Update. It read as follows:

"SBL has assigned the initial production of prototype units for delivery in early November and the product will be launched at the Medica Show in Germany on 19-22 November 2008.

The permanent mould will be produced during December 2008 with a volume production run planned for delivery in Late January 2009".

Despite the use of the word 'launch', this is clearly NOT a launch. It is instead a FINESSING OF THE PROTOTYPE. That is, prototypes are produced, taken to Medica, 'showcased' (that is, shown to clients), clients provide feedback or take the prototype away for further inspection with an undertaking to provide feedback,feedback is sorted, final permanent mould is produced and volume production locked in.

On completion of the first volume run, the device can truly be 'launched'.

The company seems to have more recently recognised its error with the terminology and, as already noted, in the Medica press release and at the AGM, the word 'showcase' was used.

It's as simple as that. The final development process is under way (that is the prototypes WERE taken to Medica, showcasing took place, contacts were made, ideas for finalising the mould are being collated).

It's work in progress (albeit very advanced work) rather than a FINISHED project. As such, an announcement (as distinct from inclusion in the next Investor Update) may not be considered necessary.

But don't take my word for it. The bottom line is that anyone who has doubts about the sequence of this final finessing process for Oraline 8 and the issue of 'launch' publicity should seek clarification directly via the company. I have - and I am happy with the recent events and current processes.

In just 2 months time we will have 4 products (Oraline iv, Oraline 8, Probeline and Bioscreens split cup) in the market place. A big step up from our recent one-product status!

China will continue to sali forward and I am still confident that we will have progress in Mexico.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.