SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

someone still selling off, page-19

1. 1,280 Posts.
    "I like how your brain cells work mate. U r an asset. Maybe u can quantify a bit more on the numbers so we can stack them up"

RVINTL - at first I thought you were taking the proverbial out of me. But HC and in particular the SDL posts have generated that kind of paranoia of late - and I don't think I'm the only one who has to re-read some posts to gauge the inference!

I will try to quantify the Chinese takeover scenario, but I won't do as good as a job other, more qualified people on here likely could. But maybe others will jump in and add to the discussion (which I don't want to come across as a negative discussion, because I genuinely do NOT know if a takeover by the Chinese would be good or bad for the SP. I just don't have enough experience with how takeovers affect share holders).

Anyway, here are some numbers and they are fairly basic, so others feel free to tear them up or alter accordingly. Also bear in mind I am not saying these are fact based figures, it is more a possible "scenario of numbers".

Total SDL shares on issue: 2.71 billion
    Hanlong (known) 19% or 515 million
    3 other Chinese coy's have the 5% upper limit = 135.5 mill each.

Total of above = 921.5 mill or 34%

To gain a controlling interest I presume "they" would need 50.1 percent? At least in terms of voting power?

So that represents another 433.64 mill (433,648,587 to be precise).

I haven't been able to find a list of top 20 shareholders, by the way - seems nobody else on HC has posted one either.

So from here on in it becomes even more speculation on my part:

We simply don't know how MANY other Chinese companies have been accumulating shares, or for how long. But based on volume over the last two months (or even longer) I think it's perfectly reasonable that those 433.65 odd million shares COULD have been gobbled up by any number of Chinese companies all operating "seemingly" independantly but all working in sync with Hanlong and the other 3 big Chinese holders. Even if you said as many as 14 individual coy's, that represents 1% each or 27.1 mill shares. Or any smaller combination of coy's holding bigger percentages, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

I don't think anybody can deny the SP has been locked into a fairly tight range for weeks and weeks now - maybe there is a simple explanation - I just happen to think it's because somebody or somebodies are intentionally holding it there for accumulation. Until something significant changes in the volume and SP price etc I will continue to believe it is being controlled.

Maybe it is far fetched, maybe I am full of it, but I don't think it's completely unrealistic.

It's just one theory. And maybe it is better to be devoting time and energy to trying to understand it as opposed to so many who just jump on here and post "What is going on? Why isn't the price moving? I am so frustrated!!!" etc.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.