SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

someone still selling off, page-24

1. 1,280 Posts.
    Kevin,

I have no idea what the takeover price would be. Sorry, but I don't know what happens in takeover situations - I am sure there are many people on HC who have experience and knowledge of that.

I have read various posts over the last few weeks (not just SDL) that seem to indicate takeovers usually result in a "fair' price being offered, based on a huge number of calcs etc (think upcoming DFS as the key document for determining what such an offer would be).

I presume once a "declaration of takeover" (or whatever it's called) is announced - it becomes a case of offering a price to all shareholders and we then accept the price and sell or we opt to hold. Those who choose to hold - I don't know what happens. I guess they just hold and remain shareholders? But I would go out on a limb and suggest that ALOT of people will take the offer and sell, for a bunch of reasons - fear of Chinese ownership (whether we like to admit or not, xenophobia is alive and well, particularly in Australia), REAL profit taking as opposed to holding something where the future direction is unknown. On HC alone there are plenty of people who have already made some good money from SDL. Would they hold on a possible price rise or take a very REAL offer if it was presented to them? It's the same old same old: risk vs reward.

I would guess that a takeover price would need to be higher than where SDL has been trading (on average) over the last two months. My crystal ball (sums it up really, doesn't it? LOL) says 53 to 55 cents. Maybe higher, maybe 60 cents max. I don't believe it would be lower than 53 cents.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.