CCP 3.71% $16.77 credit corp group limited

This information can be found on the financial statements of the...

1. 1,406 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 117
    This information can be found on the financial statements of the FY14 report.
    Cash (found in the current assets section of the balance sheet): $2.8m
    Debt (non-current liabilities section of balance sheet): $38.5
    Free Cash Flow: -$12.9m (found in the cash flow statement by taking Net operating CF and subtracting the Net Investing CF)

FCF for businesses that provide financial services such as CCP can be misleading to look at any one period. The reason is that their main cost of business is their PDL acquisitions. The PDLs are like buying inventory and selling it however the turnover time is much slower than say a retail business. Therefore, in periods where the business is growing the PDL book, FCF can be expected to be negative. However, this is clearly not a bad thing as the business has more collectible debt to earn FCF from in the future.

This is an important point for CCP and one that I alluded to in an earlier post. With good strict risk management and amortisation practice over the last 5 years, I think management has a very good book under their hands and is more than capable of sustaining earnings over the coming years, despite the outlook for PDL purchases being quite sombre.
    Last edited by ValueSnatcher: 12/11/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.