Something big is happening may 2020, page-11

1. 27,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    JWs like many theists who choose to peddle their versions of God focus on particular aspects of theology that they "derive" from scripture.

JWs focus on scripture which coincidentally covers current events. They base their prophecies largely on the Book of Revelation and modelled on the Millerite movement of the 19th century, which have clearly failed since the JW religion came into existence in the 19th century

Others focus on particular topics such as the nature of Christ's existence and the validity or otherwise of Trinity Doctrine. I don't care what religious doctrines that people believe, but do care about how people behave as a result of their beliefs. Shunning and bullying people into acceptance of religious beliefs are examples of behaviours that must be challenged.

My position is based partly on my belief that scripture is the work of the human mind. Contradictions, immoral content, lack of clarity, and historic inaccuracies in scripture are some of the reasons that lead me to believe that scripture in neither the work of nor inspired by the Creator of the Universe.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.