CTP 0.00% 5.2¢ central petroleum limited

Thanks to Rayz and Defplayer for your replies!Defplayer , your...

1. 1,045 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 95
    Thanks to Rayz and Defplayer for your replies!

Defplayer , your comment now makes a lot more sense and amazing to think that as Surprise well extracts the oil it is then simply topped up by the HVS.
    For that it is compelling to imagine and a gem of a post for mine!
    To reiterate I sense that the trap where the oil is accumulated from Surprise is directly filled by the HVS as it is emptied by extraction to the surface of the Production well. It then could be anything in terms of size for the source and definitely a tricky calculation to assess that as a quantity! Very very compelling all the same!
    The article Rayz:
    http://www.nt.gov.au/d/Minerals_Energy/Geoscience/Cabs/papers/P50_Marshall_et_al.pdf

Thanks very much once again and a big read with some very informative moments!
    Plenty to take in there!

The size of the Amadeus is amazing at 170,000 sq Kms
    As quoted!
    “This opens up a rich new vein of exploration
    possibilities in the Amadeus Basin, and future exploration
    models should be refined to focus on the Neoproterozoic
    for oil, as well as gas.”

A bit confusing for me as one comment suggests future exploration should focus on the oldest Neoprterozoic which is far deeper.
    Then a comment a little way further suggest that the Ordovocian which contains the HVS as illustrated on figure 2 is the youngest and anything deeper would be gas prone only????

All good, obviously something to chew on however the HVS appears to be the prime focus and most interesting for CTP!
    So all great stuff and really interesting regards this apparent infill from the HVS as described by Defplayer…mad keen for this report!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.