POK 0.00% 20.0¢ potash minerals limited

"Bit harsh re the research"Hi Teddyward,Sorry if I offended, but...

1. 3,159 Posts.
    "Bit harsh re the research"

Hi Teddyward,

Sorry if I offended, but I think that there are a lot of people here who "Dont get it"... D.Y.O.R. is a throw away line that has no meaning because investing is all about hype and not about good old fashion hard work. This frustrates me.

I will attempt to aid your research in a more supportive way.

How potash deposits are formed
    All the major solid potash deposits are of marine origin and were formed due to the evaporation of sea water in almost all geological systems in the Earth’s history since the Cambrian period approximately 550 million years ago.

The formation of the potash deposits ("Barrier theory")

According to Ochsenius’ "bar theory" (1877), in the geological past large inland seas existed for a time, which were separated from the oceans by straits and ridges (“bars”). These bars hindered or completely halted the influx of salt-bearing sea water. Because an arid climate frequently prevailed over large parts of the Earth in different periods of the Earth’s history, often with powerful sunlight, the salt-bearing sea water in the inland seas evaporated as if in a gigantic evaporation pan. As a result, the salt concentration of the water increased and the dissolved salts crystallised, which were then deposited in the order of their solubility – first rock salt and later potassium and magnesium salts.

This process was repeated over millions of years and resulted in layers of rock salt with a thickness of several hundred metres and potash seams several metres in thickness being formed on top of each other. Later in the Earth’s history, water-impervious clay strata settled on the salt deposits (they were often blown over the dried-out salt pan by the wind), thus preventing the salts from being dissolved again.

How potash deposits are formed (30 seconds on Google)

In Summary, think of Potash deposits as a lake/dam. Deep in the middle, shallow at the sides. The water evaporated and the sediments remained. More water, more salt. Less water, less salt.

Im not an expert in this field, but this is how I understand it. It is consistent with the Paradox Basin Model. DYOR!!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add POK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.