GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

something for the fundamentalists

1. 3,360 Posts.
    Hi all. Given the volume and price increase seen across the gold sector in the past fortnight I went through the ASX Gold Sector and brought up all the charts. Personally I'm not convinced that the 'big one' is here and now, but I do believe its coming soon, so I thought some preparation was in order.

So, I scrubbed out a host of tickers that aren't gold miners at all (so what the hell are they doing in the gold sector?), were really illiquid or showed no money moving into the stock over the past fortnight (unless it was a large/mid cap) and I've been left with 82 tickers. I would like to cull this by about half. Now the list includes all sorts, large, mid, junior and exploration. Obviously I'm not going to cull any of the major or mid tier producers like NCM, LGL, KCN, DOM, AVO, TRY etc.

FA is not my forte, so here's why I'm posting this. I wondered if some of you may be able to help. I'd like to hear from any of you that have done some FA on these co's, esp the juniors and speccies, or any of you that have any titbits of quality info on. I'm not looking for secrets, just reasons to cull or keep them. What I'd really like is to hear is something along the lines of - ticker X is superior to ticker Y because.... rather than just saying ticker Y is rubbish. Basically I'm looking for 'relative' attractiveness over the other candidates

If I can get some help with this, in a fortnight or so I'll put up some TA with a bit of blurb on 30-40 of them (country of ops, mkt cap, etc) so that we can see which goldies the money has flowed into this past fortnight and therefore hopefully extrapolate which ones are most likely to benefit the most when the 'big one' comes. It should make for a handy reference if it works out

Anyway here are the tickers:
    AAM, AAO, ADN, AGS, ALD, ALK, ARM, ATN, ATV, AVO, AZM, AZS, BDG, BDR, CAH, CHN, CHZ, CNT, CRK, CTO, CXC, DEG, DIO, DMA, DOM, ERL, ERM, FML, GCR, GDO, GGY, GMR, GOA, GRY, HAV, HEG, HNR, IRC, KCN, KGL, KMN, KRM, LEG, LGL, MCO, MML, MTB, MUN, NAV, NCM, NEM, NGF, NQM, NWR, OGC, ORN, ORP, PDM, PNN, PRU, PSP, RAU, RER, ROL, RMS, RRL, RSG, RXM, SAU, SBM, SGX, SLR, SLV, SRI, TAM, TLM, TNG, TRY, TTR, WDR, WGR, XEN

Remember I'm trying to cull a host of these to get to the ones that have good fundamentals as well as technicals, so please avoid ramping your favourite. Hope you can help

Cheers
    Ad

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.