As stated in another thread, apart from pandering to the Greens...

1. 9,071 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17561
    As stated in another thread, apart from pandering to the Greens another reason for high electricity prices is the crap efficiency private sector does things better argument - it doesn't work when you give a public monopoly away and turn it into a private monopoly. A monopoly means you can extort prices and the private sector is brilliant at that. Great laisser faire economics at work here LOL by dumb politicians. Refer Post #: 25751088

"One thing I didn't add to my rant of last night is how are those dropkicks of both ALP and LNP persuasion living with themselves over east with the private sector is better than the public sector mantra. Energy costs are also high because when you give a private monopoly to a multinational private company they will bleed the hosts dry in the name of distributing profits offshore and paying no tax. That is what a ;private monopoly does - maximise profits because no or limited competition. Add to this stupid government policies that have no iota of a clue on the difference between base load power requirements of industry (as per my post of last night) and peaking demand of households and the disaster of the destruction of Australia's manufacturing sector is complete. Coal and gas and nuclear are currently the only feasible base load option for industry - full stop. But keep going with solar is great on my roof - it is but doesn't provide the required cheap base load power to industry hence why industry here is folding up and shipping out. Another full stop."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.