LYC 0.29% $6.92 lynas rare earths limited

Something is right.

1. 18,445 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1009
    At last I believe that Lynas will survive and that is a major reversal of my previous recent thoughts. I come to this conclusion because of the financing deal that has been negotiated. The financiers must have had access to positive information that convinced them that they would be better off going along with the deal than using their position to push for a fire sale of assets and walk away.

While I can't see any value in the options I can see some improvement over time in the value of shares. My guess is that shareholders will be offered a discounted SPP and that could be followed by a share consolidation. Were I in a position to influence the board that is what I would suggest and that is why I think this scenario is likely. When I go fishing I try and think like a fish. I'm trying to work out what the board would be considering.

On this assumption I intend to take a small holding and place myself in a position to be part of a discounted placement. Nothing much to lose as there is no doubt in my mind that Lynas will survive and I do not intend to make a large investment.. I doubt that it will ever get back to early times and I do not see a sudden SP increase. A ten bagger is unlikely nor is the once promoted $4 party,( without the aid of a share price consolidation) .

Sentiment BUY Position NOT held (but placing a small order.)

I do believe that finally they (Lynas management) have got something right.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.92
Change
-0.020(0.29%)
Mkt cap ! $6.468B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.95 $6.97 $6.87 $16.72M 2.418M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5820 $6.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.93 15020 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.