OGC 0.00% $2.20 oceanagold corporation

Something is wrong, page-13

1. 588 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 100
    Always a problem if you try to correlate (short term) share price with company performance. Graham used to say, "in the short run the market is a voting machine (measuring hype), but in the long run it is a weighing machine (measuring value)"

Changes in company performance (value creation) are typically slow moving (think years, not weeks or months). OGC had a number of significant issues over the past years - including their political issues in the Philippines. Market first needs to regain trust and learn that performance is improving.

Share price is short term more impacted by whatever the herd of momentum traders are doing (the hype voting bit ...) : Strong buying means more of them buy , strong selling means more of them sell (or short). Why the lead sheep is buying or selling is anybody's best guess. Sure - it might have something to do with expectations about future company performance (which may or may not be justified), but it might as well have reasons which have absolutely nothing to do with (in this case) OGC.

You might have noticed Van Eck selling down ... bringing the momentum traders (following like lead sheep) to sell as well. Maybe Van Eck just had a policy change and therefore had to reduce their exposure to mid size goldies? Maybe Van Eck decided to invest more money in Bitcoin and needed cash? Maybe Van Eck expects gold price to drop, but than - they know as little as we do about the future development of the gold price. Nobody knows.

Whatever - in my view not a reflection on OGC. I see OGC as an operationally well managed mid size goldie with proven mines, hopefully improving political management skills (their handling of the Philippine issues was somewhat dilettante ...) and experienced staff.

I see OGC currently as a quality share available at a good price. Personally I do like it when the market view disagrees with the fundamentals ... that's the times when you can buy the best bargains. The only other thing a good investor needs is patience.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.