GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Something Just Snapped At The Comex (Zero Hedge), page-74

1. 5,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    "I would however like to see the feathers ruffled of finance systems to level us out to something more sensible.
    ie. disparity in highest and lowest wages for one, house prices ARE ridiculously high, this can't go on forever, or maybe i should say, I wish it wouldn't, but "the rich get richer, the poor get the picture"

I am wondering in what way a ruffling of the feathers of the finantial system would provide a a more equitable society.

"The U.S. consistently exhibits higher rates of income inequality than most developed nations due to the nation's enhanced support of free market capitalism."

"Neoliberalism[1] is a term whose usage and definition have changed over time.[2]
    Since the 1980s, the term has been used by scholars in a wide variety of social sciences[3] and critics[4] primarily in reference to the resurgence of 19th century ideas associated with laissez-faire economic liberalism. Beginning in the 1970s and 1980s, its advocates supported extensive economic liberalization policies such as privatization, fiscal austerity, deregulation, free trade, and reductions in government spending in order to enhance the role of the private sector in the economy.[2][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12] Neoliberalism is famously associated with the economic policies introduced by Margaret Thatcher in the United Kingdom and Ronald Reagan in the United States.[5] The transition of consensus towards neoliberal policies and the acceptance of neoliberal economic theories in the 1970s are seen by some academics as the root of financialization, with the financial crisis of 2007–08 one of the ultimate results...."

Democracy and freedoms

Column 1 Column 2
    Economist Branko Horvat stated: "... it is now well known that capitalist development leads to the concentration of capital, employment and power. It is somewhat less known that it leads to the almost complete destruction of economic freedom."[2]

Activists argue that capitalism leads to a significant loss of political, democratic and economic power for the vast majority of the global human population, because, they believe, capitalism creates very large concentrations of money and property at the hands of a relatively small minority of the global human population (the Elite or The Power Elite), leading, they say, to very large, and increasing, wealth and income inequalities between the elite and the majority of the population.[3].
    "
    Karl Marx

"Marx applied his theory of history to the society and economy of his time in order to discover the laws of motion of capitalism and to identify contradictions between the forces and relations of production. He was concerned with long-run trends in the economy; when he examined the present, it was always in the context of the present as history. In his analysis of capitalism, he formulated certain principles that have become known as Marxian laws and are treated with much the same reverence by some Marxists as the laws of supply and demand are by some orthodox economists. The Marxian laws of capitalism include the following: a reserve army of the unemployed, a falling rate of profit, business crises, increasing concentration of industry into fewer firms, and increasing misery within the proletariat.""

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.