STX 12.0% 28.0¢ strike energy limited

something needs to happen, page-23

1. 1,348 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350

patience guys - the company has indicated in previous announcements that they expect to be able to announce commercial success for the SCB by around the end of this year - which is now only 4 weeks or so away. The last announcement on Jaws also told us that water pumping is continuing - which indicates that the fractures are holding open and the coal beds have good porosity and permeability - and that gas is starting to be de-absorbed, indicating that gas production is likely to continue to increase as water pressures are reduced. As I understand the situation, the longer the water production holds up the better, since it means that more volume of coal beds are being depressurized, and that will give better gas flows in the longer term. That means getting more bang for our buck from each well. No doubt the share price will react negatively if commercial success is not announced by early Jan - but even if it's not achieved until the end of Feb or March - does that materially change the value of this company?

What are people's thoughts on what impediments are there to achieving commercial success? - perhaps a collapse of the induced fractures that will reduce the coal permeability, perhaps lower calorific value of the gas, perhaps a severe drop in the gas price, or much higher capital costs per well? And what is the likelihood of each of these events? Compare that with the upside potential. I bought more shares through the SPP and added some more by buying on market at about 10.5c to top up my holding to a nice round number - I hate odd numbers of share holdings. I am a long way off counting my losses on this company yet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
0.030(12.0%)
Mkt cap ! $801.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 28.3¢ 24.5¢ $7.221M 26.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 293004 27.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.0¢ 820079 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.