something strange is going on, page-37

1. 3,479 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Further to this thread

Re: Being in the wrong place at the wrong time/a million to one chance of dying.

What possesses you to do something different that actually prevents you from dying.

e.g, never missing a plane flight in your life and the one you miss crashes.. (Not me personally)

However one true story that happened to me many years ago which still plays in my mind and the reason why I ask:

I was travelling south on the Tonkin Highway just past the airport at about 3.00 a.m one morning.. Saw Police lights some distance away in front of me, which appeared to be travelling towards me. (Didn't see the police cars as there were bushes blocking my view and they were several hundred metres away).

Pulled up at the intersection of Welshpool Road, but instead of stopping at the white line, I stopped about 50 metres prior.

The Police vehicles were pursuing a red falcon (stolen of course). Mind you they were several hundred metres behind the stolen car as it ran the red light at 180 kilometres per hour. A Rangerover was travelling east on Welshpool Road, entered the green light at exactly the precise moment the falcon entered the intersection. Rangerover was t-boned. Lifted the rangerover to the height of the traffic light, colliding with it and it bounced about 50 metres directly in front of my vehicle.

Now, if I was stopped at the lights where I should have been I would have been crushed by the Rangerover and probably died. (unfortunately the driver of the rangerover didn't survive).

So what possessed me to stop short of the intersection???

I'm sure other people have similar stories to show the opposing view.

Anymore out there and what are your thoughts on this...

By the way, in the coroners court the family members of the stolen car actually blamed the car manufacturer for the car being too easy to steal, and for it to be able to travel at ridiculous speeds, and of course the policce for chasing... The owner of the falcon only had it for 2 days and hadn't insured it yet.. Brand spanking new...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.