EFG 0.00% 16.0¢ everest financial group limited

Hi KirilI have been happy to hold given the holding had little...

1. 1,561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hi Kiril

I have been happy to hold given the holding had little to no downside IMO, and I considered it loosely equivalent to cash at recent shareprices in a total portfolio sense, with a call option on the upside.

My best guess is that they will stay cash flow positive for the next year or so, thus I did not see much downside risk. However, a bit concerned now that they are seeding products with shareholder cash (and not just because it is lazy distribution)...And I certainly hope they have learnt their lessons on leverage. If they leverage the product, well that will be a sell signal for me as the risk profile then changes even more dramatically.

I expect to hold until we see a spike in the sp. Unfortunately, there are only three catalysts that I see for a sp rise at which time I expect to exit:
    - takeover
    - sacking of current board and new management installed (may then hold)
    - change in substantial shareholders, thus market expecting further activity (price spiked last time this occured)

I reduced my exposure to EFG at ~ l2 cents and put into HFA at ~ 6 cents...unbelievable timing, and would have been very happy if I switched the lot!

Re HFA...they have been very quiet for a while, thus looking forward to seeing the financials. Whilst many punters will focus on profits and naively extrapolating via PEs, the key things to look for IMO will be:
    - how much debt has been paid down
    - how FUM is tracking, and in particular is Lighthouse winning business, and not losing business
    - what is happening with margins
    - whether they are recovering in the Australian retail market
    - how much they have been able to reduce their costs

Anyway, thanks for sharing thoughts on EFG.

Cheers
    PViews

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EFG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.