Something you won't here from our Government leaders, page-118

1. RM
    7,468 Posts.
    he point that you are still missing is that according to your doctrine of predestination it makes no difference whether or not you repent and believe because your fate was determined before you were born which would make the sacrificial Lamb of God redundant.

Not so whereu Oilburner is correct

the sacrifice made by Christ is perfected not redundant. If God was hung up on a tree and it was dependent upon man's decision, the creatures own actions whether he decided to take up the offer or not then the work on the cross provided only a potential for salvation rather than being completed the work of atonement.

That is not possible without intervention that is supernatural for we have all pulled up short before the home plate.

Righteousness through Faith
    …22And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.…

The work completed on the cross is finished payed in full, not just a starting process for man to chip in with his own actions,

Jesus the Bread of Life
    38For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but to do the will of Him who sent Me. 39And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I shall lose none of all those He has given Me, but raise them up at the last day. 40For it is My Father’s will that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”…

No one in heaven will be able to say gee I am glad that I chose to take up Christ's offer, compared to those other souls who rejected the call. Very anthropocentric view if one holds to just a potential atonement by Jesus, a theoretical possibility of salvation but the Bible is God centric not man centric

New American Standard Bible
    "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

nor will there be any rebel screaming from the parapets of hell saying I loath you and I defied you till the bitter end your offer of the cross infuriated my own soul and it still does, I chose to be the master and god of my own being.

That does not match what the scripture says of a Sovereign God who created time, who exists outside of time, and brings forth his Son in the fullness of time.

Galatians 4:4-7English Standard Version (ESV)

4 But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. 6 And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” 7 So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.

As for predestination God understands the fullness of time but for the creature he does not know what the future holds or if he is the elect or not.

Whereu there is nothing at all stopping you from bending your knee and accepting Christ that you know and have found in the Bible. You do not know your future so there is nothing stopping you from taking Christs offer today, tomorrow or any day while you still draw breath. Predestination means nothing to you or your decisions today tomorrow or next week if you a God willing still with us.

The blood shed by God hung on a tree is sufficient for atonement a one off payment that needs no other work done by man to complete.

What is holding you back Whereu?

Jeremiah 31:3
    The LORD appeared to him from afar, saying, "I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore I have drawn you with loving kindness.
    Last edited by RM: 10/01/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.