Something you won't here from our Government leaders, page-16

1. 3,979 Posts.
    I'm not defending, Rainman, but on this point it's not so much, collateral damage that He could not control. It's more like lancing a boil. When Darwin was finally cornered into presenting, On the Origin of Species, should he have withheld the work knowing somewhat the consequences?

Well, no. The truth is irrepressible. It serves no masters.

In the time of Jesus, not unlike today in some ways, just with a lot less distractions, we had the religious ruling class and their sycophants, crawlers, subservient minion ready to react just like we see with the utter idiocy of Islam when a pompous, ignorant Imam or Mullah issues a Fatwah. The bone heads switch to, kill for the love of Allah and away they go on their merry way, cutting throats, head lopping.

Basically Jesus is saying, and this is a very crude paraphrase, humanity is so off the rails that there will be consequences for those who accept my teachings and those who reject my teachings. The collateral damage was already in play for the average person living under the yoke of the the ruling and religious elite. Jesus was a catalyst for change, change always has consequences.

Now whether Rainman sees it that way or more in line with a wrath of God, vengeful process I don't know, but that's my take on it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.