ONT 0.00% $7.13 1300 smiles limited

Somewhat unique business, very uniqe management, page-2

1. 52 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    This representation of the company and board is so over the top that someone could be forgiven for believing it was written by Darryl himself!
    This perfect torpedo that overtook the dental industry as a whole was the companies spin for the fact that they were heavily exposed to the CDDS (Dental Medicare)
    I suspect this recently announced profit growth could be put down to two main factors.
    1. Purchase of the Brisbane Dental Group- Capital out for Earnings in. (This was a 10 million dollar acquistition) The principals will be contracted to produce the EBIT for probably three to 5 years.
    2. What Darryl conveniently doesn't mention is that in order to scrap the old CDDS the Rudd/Gillard government did a deal with the Greens to replace it with the child dental benefits scheme. The scheme has about the same budget. So instead of having leaflets in Doctors surgerys 1300smiles now delivers sample bags to school kids. They are still heavily dependant for profits on a Government funded scheme to prop up the profits of the practices they are left with after the selling principals complete there contracted time.
    This, I suspect is why they have approx. 2 million dollars in trade receivables which is not impaired. I suspect a large portion of this is owed by Medicare. They are slow to pay but they do pay.
    The question for the punters is: What is a company worth that's profitability is dependant on Government Dental Funding? As of January 2015 the eligibility for the child dental benefits scheme has been considerably tightened.
    As far as the CEO salary cut -it is insignificant. The CEO makes his money by using the companies assets to pay out dividends. The 10 million dollars capital given to BDO will come back as EBIT and a significant portion will then go into the CEO's pocket as dividends! My guess is the CEO will sell shares in the near future! I stand by my belief that the company model is not sustainable in the long term.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ONT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.