TLG 0.00% 57.5¢ talga group ltd

Anecdotally I can't relate to this at all. I've spoken to about...

1. 395 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 263

Anecdotally I can't relate to this at all.
    I've spoken to about 6 or 7 EV owners now (among friends, friends of friends, family, colleagues, etc) and they're all satisfied. Some have made it clear their expectations were matched or exceeded. Since the cars are still relatively rare I think I've got a healthy sample size so far.

For long drives (several hours away from a city) they are not ideal, which is why some households that switch to EV might still keep one petrol car.
    But for all intents, the feedback I've seen has been unanimously positive. I'm not in a position to buy one due to cost and utility. As you said there's practical reasons (e.g. range anxiety) but these factors will improve in time. As for political EV deterrents, people have big talk on the internet but like many things, when you actually interact with people IRL nobody really knows or gives a shit.

Yes petrol cars aren't going anywhere for a long time (decades), and in some parts of the world they'll never go away (at least not in our lifetimes).
    But take it from me as a petrol-head who is actually pretty depressed about the idea of manufacturers moving away from new ICE development... the writing is on the wall. EV's are the new paradigm, at this point if you can't see that you're a luddite.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.