WBT 3.98% $2.09 weebit nano ltd

Sony Reram a Threat?, page-44

1. 1,442 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 121
    @@Gottfried So far not a great deal. What I have found is that Sony have just shy of 50% of the smartphone sensor market, making reram a hugely valuable product to them given others are going to want to steal that market share over coming years. Differentiate by getting reram into their sensor products seems like a very smart strategic play.

If they do it, it does definitely validate the concept and help substitute/comparative products, so then it becomes a race to be the provider to Samsung et al who also compete in that sensor space (who also have their own reram concepts I might add). The concern will be, if Sony do produce a product, their sheer scale means it'll be hard to compete if they start offering their product to all and sundry. When you're making an enormous step change and can do it at the best price, another product being 10% or 20% better might not be enough when you're already talking 1000 times faster etc etc.

It's an intriguing space. Given the bs this thread has produced and the seemingly minimal public information actually available in this space, I don't see me posting or contributing in here much going forward. Good luck all.
    Last edited by JiggyJigs: 18/05/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.