re: jc2 - sophie delezio critical in hospital Yes JC2, I saw the...

1. 6,931 Posts.
    re: jc2 - sophie delezio critical in hospital Yes JC2, I saw the reports about how they did the blind study to see if praying made any difference to the outcome for those in dire need of a medical kind. However, the study had a false premise, it assumed the success of the prayer was only shown in that way, the afflicted person recovered. The study showed it failed so you can say what you have been saying. But for those that believe in prayer the success of prayer can be seen in other intangible ways. For example, the spirits of those closest to the victims can be comforted, in their soul they may feel contentment and a peace at the negative outcome instead of feeling devastated and maybe even angry. Those who listen to themselves often feel the promptings of the spirit leading them on to make right decisions or to act in various ways. This is where prayer can have its greatest impact.

Ocassionally prayers do result in miracles, and I am talking about real medical miracles, those events in which in a sudden short time a person is healed of their afflication. These kinds of miracles, attested to by non-catho!ic Drs as well as catho!ic Drs, occur fairly often a Marian Shrines in France and Portugal. You may pooh pooh them but objectively there are no medical explanations for them. Catho!ic believers call them miracles, proof of God's intervention, you do not have to believe that, but you should believe that there is no medical explanation for those sudden cures because medical experts tell us.

The bottom line, it is worth praying for the little girl because you have no idea how it will turn out.

What would you say if a miracle occurred?

Regards

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.